Merlot Grape Seed Oil
Robust and complex varietal oil with cocoa undertones and a dense, Scotch-like finish. It adds depth to foods that have “umami” flavors. “Umami” is described as the fifth flavor sense (after bitter, salty, sour and sweet). You can taste it in meat, cheesy, fermented and savory foods. Just as wine expands umami flavors, so does this full-bodied oil. Your family and guests will never guess your secret ingredient.
- Marinate flavorful meats like lamb or chicken thighs to grill, sauté, or roast
- Whisk into vinaigrettes for fatty fish like salmon
- Drizzle over robust aged cheeses and dried figs
- Serve as a dipping oil with crusty bread
- Toss with short pasta noodles for a savory side dish